here are 3 options for summer school this year for Denver Online High School full-time students.: Denver Online Summer School, DPS Regional Summer School, and Colorado Digital Learning Solutions Summer Program. Please review all 3 options and contact your advisor to get registered.
Denver Online Summer School
- Who should sign up: Any DOHS student who failed a DOHS online class in the Spring or Fall, but completed at least 30% of the course.
- Start and End Dates: June 4th-July 1st
- How does it work: Students will be given access to the same class they did not complete and can continue the course where they left off. For Fall Courses, a new grade will be added to your transcript upon completion of a course. The grade from last Fall will remain on the transcript. For Spring Courses you will be granted an ‘I’ (Incomplete) that will be changed to your passing grade upon completion of the course. Anyone given an ‘I’ who does not complete the course over the summer will have the ‘I’ turned into an F.
- Cost: Free to eligible Denver Online students
- How to Register: Contact your advisor to help you identify up to two courses you would like to complete. Casey_Burton@dpsk12.org or Nadia_Coleman@dpsk12.org
- Expectations: All students should expect to devote a high level of participation to this program by completing multiple weekly folders per class each week. Non-participation and non-communication will result in no credit granted.
- Course Offerings: Any Core Class needed
DPS Regional Summer School
- Who should sign up: Any DPS student wanting to recover credit
- Dates and times: June 18th- July 13th, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. No school on July 4
- How does it work: Edgenuity based Credit Recovery. Students can take a maximum of two courses. Access to second course will be granted upon completion of the first course.
- North High School
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
- Bruce Randolph
- Compassion Road Academy
- Excel Academy
- Cost: A $25 fee will be charged to student’s account and will be removed once student completes one class. If student does not complete at least one course over the summer, the fee will remain applied to student account.
- How to Register: Contact your advisor to help you identify up to two courses you would like to complete and register for your chosen class(es) & site.Casey_Burton@dpsk12.org or Nadia_Coleman@dpsk12.org. Registration opens April 3rd and closes May 5th
- Provisions: Breakfast served from: 7:30 a.m. -7:50 a.m. Lunch Served from: 12:00 p.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Expectations: All students should expect to devote a high level of participation to this program. In order for students to complete 1-2 courses through the program, strong and consistent attendance is a must. There will be 4 Absence maximum. Once 4 absences have been accrued, students will no longer be able to participate in the 2017 Regional summer School Program and will be responsible for the $25 summer school fee.
CDLS (Colorado Digital Learning Solutions) Summer Program
- Summer Session registration is open May 7 – June 8
- Start and End Dates: June 4 – July 27, 2018.
- Summer Catalog: http://www.coloradodls.org/summer-session
- Cost: $200 per course (paid by the student)
- See Casey or Nadia to register for Summer Classes with CDLS