Grow a Garden ensures that in-need individuals, families, seniors and groups have access to the necessary seeds, seedlings and know-how to grow a successful, productive vegetable garden.
What does Grow a Garden provide?
• Individuals/Families ($5 fee, can be waived): 10 seed packets, 5 two-packs of seedlings
• Groups ($15 fee): 20 seed packets, 18 two-packs of seedlings
All participants can sign up for an organic gardening workshop and registration for all 2019 Urban Roots Garden Education workshops at no cost (excluding materials).
1. Apply online. Go to a distribution center for computer access, or apply on any computer, smartphone or tablet.
2. Pick-up seeds and attend a workshop in March
3. Pick-up seedlings in mid-May
Online applications will open on January 1. Center hours may vary due to the holiday.
The last day to apply is January 31. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Find out if you’re eligible, learn more about the program and fill out the application here!