Virtual New Student Registration and Orientation
What: Every new student will participate in a virtual New Student Registration and Orientation where they will connect with their Advisor, meet with their Mentor Teacher, and learn how to navigate Schoology! There are three parts.
- Course registration: Students will meet with their Advisor to create their course schedule. Students must sign up for a time using the link below and plan to spend about 30 minutes in Zoom. It is the responsibility of the family to write down and know the time slot the student is signed up to attend once they have signed up using the link below.
- Mentor Teacher meeting: During the registration meeting, each student will be paired with a Mentor Teacher. The Mentor Teacher is the student and parent’s primary contact and support person at the school. Families will receive a call from their Mentor within 24 business hours of their registration meeting to schedule a time to meet with both student and parent in Zoom. The Mentor Teacher will support families in completing the virtual orientation in Schoology.
- Schoology orientation: Students and parents will complete a virtual orientation in Schoology. Completing these tasks will ensure that they have all the tools and information they need to be successful at Denver Online!
Who: All new full-time and part-time starting 1st Semester of the 2020-21 school year
When: New Student Orientation days will take place August 13-22. Students must register for a time at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4dada629a3fac16-virtual
Where: Meetings will take place virtually in Zoom (video conferencing system), followed by an orientation within Schoology. Please click you advisor’s link at the time of your meeting:
- Nadia Coleman (10th and 11th graders): https://dpsonline.zoom.us/my/nadiacoleman
- Casey Burton (9th and 12th graders): https://dpsonline.zoom.us/my/caseyburton
All School Kick-Off Meeting!
- What: This is an all-school meeting for all students and staff to kick-off the year! Directly following the all school meeting, students will engage in their first Mentor Morning Meeting of the year.
- Who: All full time and part time students
- When: Monday, August 24th at 9:15am
- Where: Please click the following link at the time of the meeting using a smart device: https://dpsonline.zoom.us/my/ianjones
Virtual New Parent Orientation
- What: This virtual orientation teaches parents how to navigate the online programs so that they can monitor their student’s progress, grades, and attendance. It also introduces parents to faculty at Denver Online, to other parents, and to special opportunities for parents and their students (e.g. volunteer opportunities, tuition-free college credit, committees to serve on, etc).
- Who: We strongly encourage all new parents to attend this event.
- When: Wednesday, August 26th from 6pm-8pm
- Where: Please click the following link at the time of the meeting: https://dpsonline.zoom.us/my/kacisintek