Please see the following information from the Denver Public School’s website:
The Seal of Biliteracy is an award given by DPS in recognition of students who have attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation. The Seal appears on the transcript and diploma of the graduating senior and is a statement of accomplishment for future employers and for college admissions.
DPS developed the Seal of Biliteracy to:
- To encourage students to study languages
- To certify attainment of biliteracy skills
- To recognize the value of language diversity
- To provide employers with a method of identifying people with high level literacy skills in multiple languages
- To provide universities with a method to recognize and give credit to applicants for attainment of high level skills in multiple languages
- To prepare students with 21st century skills that will benefit them in the labor market and the global society
- To strengthen intergroup relationships and honor the multiple cultures and languages in a community.