Denver Online High School supports motivated learners with the opportunity to graduate, by providing flexible and personalized learning opportunities that are accessible at any time from a variety of locations and settings. We actively involve parents and the community in supporting learning experiences that prepare students for their future.
Denver Online High School will be recognized as a leader in 21st Century teaching and online learning that prepares and supports students to be lifelong learners ready for college, career, citizenship and life.
Denver Online High School believes:
- flexible, anytime, anywhere learning are integral components of online learning;
- personalized learning is a “21st Century” educational approach;
- not all students are able to learn successfully at the same pace, with the same teaching approach, in the same learning environment, and in the same learning style and manner;
- that students are to be provided with qualified support services that assist them to be successful learners and to make appropriate academic choices unique to their personal educational goals;
- a one size fits all model does not effectively serve the needs of all students;
- performance-based rather than grade-based evaluation is key to the authentic personalization of learning;
- personalized learning supports a collaborative relationship between parent, student, teacher, and school in creating an optimal learning process;
- blended learning, which mixes various activities, including face-to-face tutoring, live online-learning, and self-paced instruction, is necessary to support the needs of students;
- learning takes place in a vareity of situations, and places
- that students assume an increasing responsibility for their own learning as they gain confidence and those skills required to be successful mature learners.