ASCENT allows students who meet the specifications to take a full year of tuition-free college credit the year following their senior high school year.
- Has completed, or is on schedule to complete, at least 12 credit hours (semester hours or equivalent) of transcripted, credit-bearing, college-level postsecondary coursework* prior to completing his/her 12th grade year. Remedial/developmental education college courses do not qualify as part of the 12 required credits.
- Is college ready, and not in need of basic skills coursework in accordance with the pathway in which he/she enrolls.
- Completes an Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) prior to declaring intent to participate in ASCENT.
- Applies to and is accepted into a postsecondary degree program at a qualified Colorado institution of higher education.
- Has been selected for participation by his/her high school principal or equivalent school administrator.
- Has not been designated an ASCENT program participant in any prior year (can only participate in ASCENT for 1 academic year).
Find more about the ASCENT program here.