Part Time Students
- Student takes half of course load at Denver Online High School and the other half of their course load either through another *Colorado High School or through a homeschool program.
*The other high school must be a DPS high school, unless there is a specific agreement between the DOHS principal and the principal at the other school the student is attending about the sharing of funding. Please contact Principal Ian Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) should this situation arise.
Part Time Student Requirements
- Must have Colorado residency
- Must be enrolled at another *Colorado high school (please see above for specifics regarding eligible Colorado high schools)
- Must be of high school age and not yet 21 years of age at the beginning of the academic year
- Have adequate access to a computer and internet to complete coursework
- Be a self-disciplined learner who will ask questions immediately as they arise
- Have basic to above average computer skills
- Be committed to participate and fulfill required obligations for being a successful online student
- Admission is free when funding is split between schools.
- Complete the Student Interest Application
- Complete an Enrollment Meeting
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Submit all required documents: Birth certificate, transcripts, immunization record, proof of residency, DPS registration paperwork
- Denver Online High School enrolls new part-time students twice a year (see the full school calendar here):
- 1st Semester: Classes begin August 17th, 2020
- 2nd Semester: Begins January 11th, 2021
- Summer School: Denver Online will not be offering summer school for part-time students. It will only be offered to students who are full-time students with DOHS prior to summer break.