Types of Part Time Students
- Part Time: Student is enrolled at another *Colorado High School while simultaneously taking classes at Denver Online High School that are part of their required academic course load.
- Supplemental: Student is enrolled at another Colorado high school and is taking courses at Denver Online High School for acceleration, enrichment, or credit recovery; these courses are outside of the student’s regularly required academic course load.
*The other high school must be a DPS high school, unless there is a specific agreement between the DOHS principal and the principal at the other school the student is attending about the sharing of funding. Please contact Principal Ian Jones (email@example.com) should this situation arise.
Part Time Student Requirements
- Must live in Colorado
- Must be enrolled at another *Colorado high school (please see above for specifics regarding eligible Colorado high schools)
- Must be of high school age and not yet 21 years of age at the beginning of the academic year
- Meet all requirements and complete all steps to part time registration process
- Have access to a computer and internet 24 hours a day
- Be a self-disciplined learner who will ask questions immediately as they arise
- Have basic to above average computer skills
- Meet assignment deadlines in courses
- Be committed to participate and fulfill required obligations for being a successful online student
- Specialized courses may have different fees
- You may pay via PayPal by clicking the “Donate” button under “Pay Tuition” on the right side of our school homepage or via check made out to “Denver Online High School,” mailed to Smedley Learning Center (4250 Shoshone Street, Denver, CO 80211). Please send a copy of the receipt to Casey Burton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Denver Online High School enrolls new part-time and supplemental students twice a year (see the full school calendar here):
- 1st Semester: Begins August 29th, 2016
- 2nd Semester: Begins January 23rd, 2017
- Summer School: Denver Online will not be offering summer school for part-time students. It will only be offered to students who are full-time students with DOHS prior to summer break.