Looking for something fun to do next Spring Break? Want to get credit for it? Want to spend time in Boston? Plan to attend an informative meeting to see what it is all about! The meeting will be June 4th at 1 pm at Mitchell. Please RSVP via email to email@example.com by Monday the 3rd if you are planning to attend. If you can’t attend the meeting but are interested, please also let us know. Be aware that fund raising opportunities will be available to students who want to go!
Denver Online Gay Straight Alliance will be holding one more meeting before everyone leaves for summer. Any student interested please plan to attend. We will hold the meeting June 4th at noon in room 215 at our Mitchell location. Students should be done with classes so we are looking forward to seeing you if you couldn’t make the last one.
For all students who plan on participating in the Concurrent Enrollment Program for the Fall of 2013 at one of the area community colleges or technical schools, all necessary paper work is due to School Counselor Casey Burton ASAP. Course schedules for the Fall Enrollment will be made soon, so do not miss out on this valuable opportunity to challenge yourself and explore your interests through this great program.
· New student to the Program
· Active students in the Program
If you have questions regarding the paperwork that is due, please be in touch with Casey Burton ASAP. Casey_Burton@dpsk12.org
Denver Online Students are interested in starting a GSA! The purpose of this student-initiated and student-run club is to provide a safe space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQQ) students and their allies to meet, support each other and educate peers to end homophobia and transphobia in schools.
If you have an interest in becoming a founding member of Denver Online High School’s GSA or just wish to learn more about it, please contact DOHS GSA faculty sponsors Brittany Scritchfield BRITTANY_SCRITCHFIELD@dpsk12.org or Jaime Smith JAIME_SMITH@dpsk12.org to let us know. A first meeting will be scheduled according to what works best for students who express a desire to participate.
Any communications re: your desire to participate or learn more about the club will be kept strictly confidential by the faculty sponsors.
Emily Griffith offers a one year certificate in Independent Video Production and Editing. We will be touring their facility and learning more about their program on Thursday, April 25th at 1:00. If you wish to join us, please RSVP to Casey via email at Casey_Burton@!dpsk12.org.
Hey everybody! This is Casey Burton and my brother (also an educator) is hosting several students from France and Spain this summer and he is in need of host families to volunteer
Here is what he has to say:
I am currently seeking families to host 24 French and Spanish students this summer (July 8th to July 28th approx. These are tentative dates at this point, but shouldn’t fluctuate by more than a few days). These students will be involved in an English only immersion while they are visiting. The students will range in age from 13 to 17 years old. I’m seeking families who are willing to host these students for the duration of their stay.
Host family responsibilities:
- Supply student(s) with their own bed, they can share a room. (You can also host two students, but they must be from opposite countries).
- Supply meals
- Provide an American family experience.
- These students do not attend classes, but will be with your family, doing what you do this summer.
- They are all fully insured, so you would have no liability
- You can have two students but you would have to have one Spanish and one French
- They all speak English, and are expected to speak English when they are visiting.
- Please visit this website and it should help answer many of your other questions you might have. http://nacelopendoor.org/hosting_faq.htm
What do Families get in return?
- Your children make new global friends! (The majority of families who have participated in the past still correspond with their host student)
- Get to be an ambassador for your city, state, and country!
If you are interested in hosting one or two of these students this summer please, call me at 303-618-0506 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!