This is an option for students interested and willing to take and complete 3 or more classes per 9 week quarter. This course of study will lead to a Denver Public Schools high school diploma issued by Denver Online High School. However, students will need to complete at least four classes a quarter to meet Denver Public Schools’ graduation requirements. Students enrolled full-time can be simultaneously enrolled with permission in another Denver Public School such as the Fred Thomas Career Education Center, or take college classes (concurrent enrollment) tuition free.
Studying online part time is ideal for students who need to schedule school around other activities, or want to be enrolled in another school part time, or are home schooled. This is an option for students who wish to complete up to two courses per quarter.
We are NOT a credit recovery program however, credit recovery classes can help students make up credits towards reaching graduation. These classes require tuition unless the student is enrolled full-time with the Denver Online High School.
Students who take less than five online courses or a minimum of 90 hours of instruction per 18 week semester are considered part time students by DPS and the State of Colorado.
Students who take from five to seven online courses and a minimum of 360 hours of instruction per 18 week semester are considered full-time students by DPS and the State of Colorado.
Denver Online High School is looking for full-time students who ask questions, who love to read and write, who work well with others, who express themselves in creative ways, who are respected by their teachers and peers, who are interested in participating in extra curricular activities, and who love to learn.
We best serve students who have parental support and:
- are dedicated artists, athletes and other competitive students who require a flexible schedule due to aggressive practice and performance schedules.
- want to take college classes during high school.
- are seeking an advanced-course program not available.
- have a medical condition that interferes with traditional school attendance, and have had school success.
- have unique learning needs that are better served by a flexible online curriculum.
- have withdrawn from school due to safety concerns, but want to continue their education.
- work, but are highly committed and motivate to complete high school.
- are pregnant or parenting and committed to completing high school and have child care support.
We select our students without regard to sex, race, creed, or national or ethnic origin. We accord without discrimination all rights, privileges, programs, and activities to each of our students.