For Full-Time Students
- Download and read the DOHS Handbook carefully and keep it for your records.
- Complete the DOHS Interest Application. DOHS staff will then contact you within three business days to set up an interview. If you have any questions, please contact our main office at 720-424-8280.
Steps for New Full-Time Students
- Submit DOHS Interest Application
- Once DOHS recieves Interest Application, DOHS will call student to set up interview.
- Interview- Student and parent or guardian meet with DOHS staff member
- Student completes reading assessment
- Student completes a self- assesment
- Staff then reviews interview responses, assessments and academic information( existing credit information) to determine the acceptance of the student.
Student will be notified of their admission decision by phone within three business days.
If student is accepted:
- Student and parent must complete the Registration Packet and submit it to the school along with the requirements needed ( Birth Certificate, Proof of Address, Immunization Records, and Transcript). Registration packet may be faxed.
- Student and family meet with secretary to verify registration packet is complete and all contact information is up-to-date
- Counselor will then develop student’s schedule
- Student completes orientation at school site
Students are eligible for admission if the assessment and verification shows that DOHS is able to meet the student’s emotional, social, physical and academic needs based on the following criteria. Applicants scoring fewer than 20 points may be placed on a waiting list or referred to another program that may better meet their individual academic needs.
- Completed Application
- Student and Parent/Guardian Interview
- Academic Achievement (GPA and previous school success)
- Assessment (reading at or above grade level)
- Personal Needs (for online learning)
- Status (on track to graduate)