Concurrent Supplemental, online courses are available to any Colorado high school student who is currently attending a secondary school.
Students are enrolled full-time in their respective chosen school and enroll only in the online courses necessary to meet their specific academic needs and goals. Access to supplemental courses requires part-time enrollment in Denver Online High School and a fee of $100.00 per course, per semester class for core and some elective courses – AP and other specialized courses have different fees. Once enrolled, students can take up to two regular online courses per 18 week semester.
Most courses run on a nine week mini semester schedule, as opposed to a regular 18 week semester schedule. Upon completing a course, students receive a letter of completion, DPS transcript, or certificate of completion that documents the class credit and grade received.
Concurrent Supplemental courses serve a wide variety of needs
There are many reasons students take concurrent supplemental online courses through Denver Online High School:
- Achieve a competitive advantage for college applications by enrolling in AP and Honors courses, which might not be available in their current school.
- Retake a course in order to catch up with peers, build self-esteem, and graduate on time.
- Explore personal interests or fill a “void,” if electives or other unique courses that count toward graduation are not offered by their school.
- Try a new language or take language courses not available at their school.
- Resolve a scheduling conflict, for instance: when two or more classes occur at the same time, or an extracurricular activity can’t be moved.
- Prepare for a post-secondary virtual education, in a program where online learning is an integral part of the student experience.
- Re-enroll as a part-time student, if they were previously enrolled full-time in DOHS but returned to a regular school for one reason or another.
- Give online learning a try to determine if you want to transfer to DOHS full-time.
- Fill out this form use online as the password.
- Contact your school counselor or contact Denver Online High School at 720-424-8280
- Click Pay Now button below and pay tuition