- Each day students login to the DPS Online High School Learning Management System.
- They read announcements and access their course work.
- They may or may not have real time meetings with their teachers and online classmates.
- They see their assignments and can access them directly.
- They see a report of completed work, work in progress, and upcoming assignments.
- They complete work and receive individualized feedback in a timely manner.
- Their teacher is available through online conference, telephone, email, Internet chat or in person at one of our learning centers.
- They have access to their teachers for help with any questions or problems as they occur.
Students are required to attend class each day by logging into the system and completing their assignments. There may be meetings scheduled during the day and, if appropriate, everyone might check back in at the end of the day to report on their progress. This active online involvement ensures that students do not fall behind, become distracted or lose their focus. Daily contact with teachers ensures they are able to assign the appropriate lessons for each student’s level of learning and weekly contact with their advisor ensures that students have the assistance and support they may need.
Each week students will:
- Attend one day onsite to check in and get assistance as needed
- Actively participate in online classes
- Work individually on assignments for their classes
- Work one-on-one with their teacher in an online conference
- Ask their teacher for extra help if needed
- Complete assignments by their due date