Current Denver Public Schools’ Student: Middle School and High School Students
- May 10th-June 4th Opt-In Window through Parent Portal: We know that many families in DPS may still have concerns surrounding Covid-19 and may want to continue a virtual schooling option for the next year. Therefore, Denver Online is expanding it’s high school and adding a middle school. Families can opt into these programs during the May 10th-June 4th time window through Parent Portal. Opting into Denver Online through this process is a one year commitment. Students will retain a spot at their previous school for the following year should they wish to go back to it in the fall of 2022. Students who opt into the virtual middle school or high school option through this process will automatically be enrolled at Denver Online for the 2021-22 school year. After June 4th, here is what to expect next!
- Applying outside of the Opt-In Window: If a family misses the opt-in window stated above, a student may still apply for Denver Online using the Student Interest Application. On the final pop-up page of the application, be sure to sign-up for a virtual enrollment meeting where the student and guardian will be meeting with one of our administrators to talk about the program. For this option, however, a student will not retain a seat at their previous school and will need to reapply to that school should they ever wish to leave Denver Online. (But we hope you don’t! We think you’ll like it here! ) If you apply using the Student Interest Application on our website, here is what to expect next!
Current Out-of-District Student: Middle School and High School Students
- For families who are not currently part of Denver Public Schools, the opt-in process listed above is not an option. Therefore, students will need to complete the Student Interest Application here. On the final pop-up page of the application, be sure to sign-up for a virtual enrollment meeting where the student and guardian will be meeting with one of our administrators to talk about the program. If you apply using the Student Interest Application on our website, here is what to expect next!
- High school students are also eligible for Tuition-Free College Classes!
- Middle School: Students can live anywhere (even abroad!) but they must be able to maintain Colorado residency.
- High School: Students must be under 21 years old to be eligible. Students can live anywhere (even abroad!) but they must be able to maintain Colorado residency.
*If you’re over 21 and looking for educational resources, start here! We have some ideas for you!
Have more questions? You can find recorded versions of our informational sessions below!
Middle School Informational Session
While we have been an extremely successful online and blended learning high school since 2003, even being the first pathways school in DPS to earn a Blue Distinguished rating, we are currently in the midst of launching our middle school program. Therefore, most of the website currently only highlights the high school program. We are excited to launch an AMAZING middle school program, but it will take us a bit to update the website with of the information surrounding this new program. In the meantime, please check out the below resources to get an idea of the thoughtful planning and community-driven attitude of our school!
- School Calendar: While some things may change a bit as the upcoming school year gets closer, please take a look at our school calendar if you’re interested in seeing the general 1st semester launch events and more!
- Student Highlight Stories: We adore our students, and we find that each of them is so unique! We love helping them tell their stories and how Denver Online has helped them academically while also allowing them to pursue their passions. Check out their video and written stories to learn a little about our awesome students!
- Testimonials: We think Denver Online is a pretty special school, but don’t take it from us! Check out the feedback we’ve received from many students and parents at our school on our testimonials page.
- Social Media: Check out tons of pictures and event information on our Facebook page or watch school videos on our YouTube channel.
- Enrollment Coordinator Contact: Should you have enrollment questions, feel free to reach out to Principal Ian Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Office Manager, Julie Capp (email@example.com); 720-424-8281).