New Student Orientation (Virtual)
- What: Every new high school student will participate in a virtual New Student Orientation where they will connect with their Mentor Teacher and learn how to navigate Schoology! There are two parts:
- Mentor Teacher meeting: Each student will be paired with a Mentor Teacher. The Mentor Teacher is the student and parent’s primary contact and support person at the school. Families will receive an email from their Mentor Teacher to schedule a time to meet with both student and parent in Zoom.
- Schoology orientation: Students and parents will complete a virtual orientation in Schoology, after meeting with their Mentor Teacher. Completing these tasks will ensure that they have all the tools and information they need to be successful at Denver Online!
- Who: All new 9th-12th grade high school students and a guardian. (This virtual orientation will exclude any 9th grader who attended the in-person 9th Grade Academy on August 9th-11th)
- When: Mentor Teachers will be connecting with Denver Online families to complete the New Student Orientation August 16th-27th.
- Where: Meetings will take place virtually in Zoom (video conferencing system), followed by an orientation within Schoology.
First Official Day of School and of Live Learning
- What: This is high school students’ first day of Live Learning. All students should follow the Live Learning Schedule to attend Zoom sessions for ALL of their classes. Coursework is due in Schoology. School is officially back in session!
- Who: All high school students
- When: Monday, August 30th
- Where: Please find the Live Learning Class Schedule here where students will be meeting on Zoom with their classes. To log onto Schoology to find your courses, please follow these directions:
- Go to Student Portal: https://myportal.dpsk12.org
- Log in to Click on Academics>Related Apps>Schoology
- Student is routed to their DPS Google account (@dpsk12.net)
- Username: DPS Student ID #
- Password: Date of Birth MMDDYYYY
Update DPS Enrollment Information
- Current DPS Student: DPS families are required to complete or update student and household information every year. Please update your information using your Parent Portal account credentials here at this link. If you do not yet have a Parent Portal account, you can create one here at this link. You will need your student’s ID number in order to register.
- Student Coming from Out of District: Please keep a look-out for an email coming from DPS in the next week to start the registration process.
While updating your information in the portal, please also complete the following two documents found in the portal. Both of these documents are required to be signed and completed. Please use this document to help find and complete the documents virtually. You can also use the below links to access these documents to print, sign, and then send back to Veronica Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Affidavit of Colorado Residency– states that the student will be residing in the state of Colorado for the 21-22 school year
- Academic Technology Consent Form– describes what software and technology applications are used at Denver Online. It also describes that these are all DPS approved vendors and that student information is protected.
Please email to Veronica Martinez at email@example.com or return to the school (4250 Shoshone Street, Denver, CO 80211) the following documents:
- Proof of Residency – a utility bill attached to the student household address. This could be a bill for electricity, cable, water, or a lease or mortgage agreement. The proof of residency will accompany The Affidavit of Residency and it helps determine student and school funding.
- Student birth certificate if not submitted to DPS in a previous year
- Transcripts (for students coming from out of district)
- Immunization Record if not submitted to DPS in a previous year
- MySchoolBucks – a secure online tool accessed through Parent Portal for families to pay for meals, student fees, athletics, and early childhood education.
- Meal Benefits Application – secure and fastest way to apply for low cost or free school lunches for children every day.
- Parent/Student Portal – access student grades and assignments, attendance and behavior, and courses and schedules.
New Parent Orientation (Virtual)
- What: This virtual orientation teaches parents of students at Denver Online how to navigate the online programs so that they can monitor their student’s progress, grades, and attendance. It also introduces parents to faculty at Denver Online, to other parents, and to special opportunities for parents and their students (e.g. volunteer opportunities, tuition-free college credit, committees to serve on, etc).
- Who: We strongly encourage all parents of new Denver Online students to attend this event
- High School Parent Orientation: Thursday, September 2nd, 6pm
- Middle School Parent Orientation: Wednesday, September 1st from 6pm
- Where: https://dpsonline.zoom.us/my/ianjones
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can also find a list of all faculty members here.