If you are a current DPS family and have opted into our virtual education option during the May 10th-June 4th window, then the following is what to expect next!
1. Denver Online will be reaching out via email during the week of June 14th.
- Complete the Annual Family Update to make sure your contact information is up-to-date so that we are sending information to the correct emails.
To complete the Annual Family Update, log into Parent Portal, click on “See All Apps,” then click on “Online Registration” to complete the process. Online registration can only be completed by the parent/guardian listed in the primary household of the student record.
- Be sure to check your emails the weeks following June 4th for next steps!
2. The email we will be sending will include the following:
- Welcome Meeting sign-up link: We will be hosting multiple group “Welcome Meetings” for all of our amazing new families! We don’t want anyone to feel lost in the crowd, so these meeting sizes will have roughly twenty families in them. Our Denver Online team will be doing a presentation about our school program and will be ready to answer questions you may have! This is also a wonderful chance to get to know some friendly faces at Denver Online.
- Student Survey link: We pride ourselves on providing personalized learning that fits each student’s unique needs and passions. Therefore, this survey will collect needed data on how best to support each student and their families.
- 9th Grade Academy Information: All incoming 9th graders will participate in a 9th Grade Academy prior to school starting in order to gain extra support for a successful launch into high school
- Advisor Meeting sign-up link for high school students: Each high school student will be meeting with an advisor to create their course schedule for the semester.
3. New Student Orientation/Registration with Mentor Teacher
After families complete the Student Survey and attend a Welcome Meeting and Advisor Meeting, the student’s assigned Mentor Teacher will then help the family through the New Student Orientation/Registration process. This meeting will help families get adjusted to the Schoology platform and how to upload assignments, contact their teachers, join clubs, and more.
-High school: August 12th-20th
4. New Parent Orientation
Should parents wish to learn more about how best to support their students in this new learning environment, we encourage all of our new parents to come to our Virtual Parent Orientation.
-Middle School: September 1st, 6pm
-High School: September 2nd, 6pm
5. Annual Back-to-School BBQ
Health protocols allowing, we will be hosting our Annual Back-to-School BBQ on August 25th at our physical location at Smedley Learning Center! All of our families and faculty are invited to attend!