COVID-19 brought on a pandemic of grief that will impact our schools and community for years to come. This webinar is for adults who want to create understanding and connection with grieving youth. Judi’s House counselors will share information about grief and bereavement. They will review children’s common grief reactions and coping. Finally, they will offer tools for supporting children and teens. Register here.
The webinar will be presented in Spanish on May 19 at 1:00 MST
COVID-19 provocó una pandemia de dolor que afectará a nuestras escuelas y comunidad en los próximos años. Este webinario es para adultos que desean crear comprensión y conexión con los jóvenes en duelo. Los consejeros de Judi’s House compartirán información sobre el duelo y el luto. Revisarán las reacciones comunes de duelo y el afrontamiento de los niños. Finalmente, ofrecerán herramientas para apoyar a niños y adolescentes. Registrar Aquí.
- South High School: First dose on Saturday, April 24; second dose on Saturday, May 15.
- Manual High School: First dose on Sunday, April 25; second dose on Sunday, May 16.
- North High School: First dose on Saturday, May 1; second dose on Saturday, May 22.
- East High School: First dose on Sunday, May 2; second dose on Sunday, May 23.
What: The Covid quarantine isn’t going to stop us from still having an epic prom! It’s just going to look a little different this year! For the “Perfectly You Prom,” you’re encouraged to come as your best self, the version of you that makes you excited to be alive! This could mean dressing up in a fancy dress or tux; sporting some creative costume, makeup, or hairdo; or simply coming as you are. We will be having some great activities for everyone to enjoy:
- School Royalty: Get dressed up in your favorite prom attire and then strike your best pose! Then send your pictures to Kaci_Sintek@dpsk12.org by May 3rd. Two winners will be chosen at random from all of the photo submissions and crowned as “School Royalty” at our last All School Meeting in May!
- Whole Group Games: We will be doing a super fun mystery game with all of those who come to the school prom. This game includes werewolves…so you know it’s going to be a good time!
- Small Group Games: Similar to sitting with a group of friends at the tables at proms, we will be using break-out rooms to play a couple of different activities to help us all get to know each other a little better and share some laughs!
- Prom Background Photo: To make our Zoom Prom feel a little more legit and special, we will have a fun background for everyone to use on their Zoom! That way we can all look like we are at prom together
Who: All students highly encouraged to attend!
When: Friday, April 30th, 3pm
It’s time to show off all you’ve learned and done this year. Have you completed a project in one of your classes that you’re really proud of?
Have you done an honors project that’s unique?
Do you have art work that you’d like others to preview before our DOHS Art Show on May 14?
Have you completed an internship, work study or concurrent enrollment course that you want to tell others about?
Have you created something through a club that you’d like to share?
Seniors, do you have a story, advice or plans for your future that you want to highlight?
Now’s your chance to shine!! Join us on Thursday, May 6th from 6:00-7:30pm virtually for Denver Online’s very first Spring Showcase!
Students can sign up for 5 minute blocks to present their highlight from the 20-21 school year.
All are invited and encouraged to participate as a speaker or an observer.
Please sign up for your timeslot by May 3rd!
If a time is already taken and you’d like to add your name, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what category and timeslot you prefer.
What: Let’s all get together for an All-School meeting to have some fun and celebrate our stand-out students and groups of students!
Who: All students and faculty!
When: Wednesday, April 21st, 9:15am
On Monday through Thursday of next week from 4:00-6:30pm, students from around the state will be able to hear about career opportunities and learn about various industries. For more information about each day’s speakers and events, and to register, go to youthcareerfair.org
Are you interested in taking career exploration classes at CEC next fall? Career course options include: audio engineering, construction, sports medicine, video game design, fitness/health science, business management, film/video production, biomedical sciences, welding, medical careers, architecture, criminal justice, and more. See a full list of courses here:https://cecdenver.dpsk12.org/academics/career-technical-education/. On their site, you can also see videos of the hands-on projects students work on in each class.
Classes are online 5 days per week through CEC, either the morning (7:35-10:05am) or the afternoon (12:20-2:50). In past years, CEC classes have been in person, but this year they are fully online. Next year CEC is hoping to return to in-person classes. Contact Nadia Coleman (email@example.com) to sign up. Classes fill up fast, so get in touch ASAP!