Enroll at Denver Online
Students must maintain Colorado residency and be under 21 years old at the start of the school year to register with Denver Online.
*********Denver Online is closed for 2nd Semester Enrollment. Round 2 of School Choice Applications will open in late April for 24/25 enrollment.*********
-Enrollment for the 24-25 School Year
SchoolChoice Round 2 will open in late April. Specific date TBD.
- Families can apply here. Families with existing Parent Portal accounts can log in using their username and password. Families who do not have Parent Portal accounts will need to set up a new account.
-Enrollment for the 23-24 School Year
- Students not currently enrolled in DPS: Please complete a School Choice application here.Once the School Choice application has been completed, enrollment will be considered.
- Current DPS Students: Starting September 1st, current DPS students will only be able to move schools in the district via an Admin Transfer.
- Complete the Admin Transfer Form in English or Spanish
- Turn in this document to your CURRENT school. They will need to submit it into the Admin Transfer system on their end and then accept the transfer. Once that is complete, Denver Online will be able to accept the admin transfer on our end, and then move forward with enrollment if acceptance has been granted.
- Placing an admin transfer does NOT guarantee enrollment at any school. It is up to the discretion of the school and if the school has space.
- If transferring OUT of Denver Online to another DPS school, submit the Admin Transfer Form to Office Manager, Julie Capp: julie_capp@kacisintek
PLEASE NOTE: If a student has an IEP or 504 Plan, a Special Evaluation (IEP) / Supplementary Evaluation (504 Plan) must be completed by the sending school to ensure FAPE can be provided in a 100% virtual setting.
- Full-Time: Tuition Free
- Students whose primary school is Denver Online will be enrolled as full-time students with tuition being free.
- Supplemental: $300/course/semester
- Students taking 1 course to half of their course load at Denver Online while attending another DPS school for the rest of their courses are considered Supplemental Students at Denver Online.
- Supplemental Courses taken at Denver Online will be paid by the student’s primary DPS school
- Only students enrolled in another DPS school are eligible to take Supplemental Courses with Denver Online
Launch Events at Denver Online
Upon enrollment at Denver Online, all students and their parent/guardian will receive an email outlining all of the dates, forms, and necessary links needed to complete all steps of the launch process below.
- COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
- All parents/guardians should complete online registration once at the beginning of the school year. This process is DIFFERENT than the Choice application, although it may feel similar.
- COMPLETE STUDENT HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
- PICK-UP STUDENT CHROMEBOOK
- Each Denver Public Schools’ student is able to loan a chromebook to use for schoolwork.
- Please connect with our school tech (below) to schedule a time to pick up a chromebook from our new school location on the Rishel Campus: 451 S Tejon St, Denver, CO 80223
- School Tech: Celina Ulibarri, email@example.com, 720-204-8056.
- COURSE SCHEDULE CREATION
- For students starting after August 21st, counselors will make course schedules based on what credits a student needs. Once a schedule has been created, the counselor will reach out via email to the student and guardian to give them their schedule and introduce them to their teachers. Courses generally become active in Schoology the next day.
- For course schedule questions, please contact your counselor:
- START CLASSES AS SOON AS COURSES BECOME ACTIVE IN SCHOOLOGY
- ONE-ON-ONE VIRTUAL WELCOME MEETINGS/ORIENTATION WITH ADVISEMENT TEACHER
- These meetings will ensure both the student and guardian are equipped to have a great start to the semester!